Saturday, August 24, 2013

Paint: Stage 1 - Primer


Off to the paint room. The grand thing
about this "paint room" is that it also works
as a wood shop, art studio and a place to 
park the car most nights. I think it might
just be the best "room" in the entire house. ;-)

In this picture you can see where I routed out
a cavity for the new battery box. To be honest,
I'm really not sure why battery boxes aren't
standard on electric guitars, because it provides
a wider frequency response and improves 
tonal/sound quality overall.

In this picture, you can see some barewood 
spots where i had to sand out dings and
chipped areas. If you were to run your hand
across the surface, you might not be able
to distinguish their existence.

Coat one of the primer is now drying. 
10-minutes to touch and 1-hour to move,
which at that time, I'll be hanging it elsewhere
to get the car back into the garage, as
the paint needs to cure for 24-hours. 
After it cures, I'll sand it accordingly and 
apply the second coat.

I'm not sure how many base coats 
I'm going to apply yet, but I'll stop when 
it feels right. 

After that, I'll began to paint the mural.

No comments:

Post a Comment