Wednesday, September 4, 2013

Mural: Stage 2 - Painting


So the second part of today began with building a jig
or mount to make working on the guitar much more
efficient ... er, possible.

Followed by that was mixing the right shade of blue.

The blue turned out really awesome, making the 
previous "ivory" that appeared "cream" to now appear
as if it was vintage-white, just like I thought. 


The end result for this stage really satisfied me. I was
anticipating a different finished result, but am actually
more pleased with this vintage "summer of '69" feel.


On to the next step. :)

2 comments:

  1. I love how the colors came out so vibrant! 'Murica! So far I'm loving this project. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thanks dennis! i'm really happy with it too! 'Murica! lol :)

      Delete